General terms and conditions
Bookings and Pricing Policy
- By making a booking at The Snow Centre you have accepted our Terms and Conditions.
- Advanced booking is recommended for all snow activities.
- All snow activities must be paid for in advance.
- All prices include equipment hire and helmets, however you are welcome to use your own equipment providing it is in good working order.
- If a Recreational Session commences in an Off Peak time, but continues into a Peak time, the price charged will be at the Peak time rate.
- Junior rates are applicable to persons aged 16 years and under.
- All prices include VAT at the current rate where applicable. We reserve the right to change prices without prior notice.
In the event that the lesson level booked fails to reach a minimum of 3 participants TSC may merge levels with the next logical group. This will only happen on main slope levels where the participant has a level of autonomy over their performance (levels 5, 6 and performance). Our instructors are trained in delivering an inclusive and enjoyable session and in no way will this affect the quality of coaching offered.
Cancellation by you
No refunds will be given for any snow activity cancelled by you. Depending on the amount of notice we receive the following credits will apply which can be used towards an alternative snow activity.
i) When cancellation is received 48 hours or more prior to the start of your snow activity, a 100% credit towards an alternative snow activity will be offered.
ii) When cancellation is received less than 48 hours, but more than 24 hours prior to the start of your snow activity, a 50% credit towards an alternative snow activity will be offered.
iii) When cancellation is received less than 24 hours prior to the start of your snow activity, no credit will be offered. If you are unable to attend your snow activity, The Snow Centre will accept you supplying a replacement provided that:
i) The replacement is at the same skiing or snowboarding level as you.
ii) The replacement is in the correct age range for the type of lesson.
iii) The Snow Centre has been informed of the proposed change at least 24 hours in advance of the start of the snow activity and has agreed that the change is acceptable.
iv) Credits are valid for one year.
If cancellation by you is due to serious illness or injury, a full credit will be considered if a relevant doctor’s certificate is submitted and notice of cancellation is received prior to the start of your snow activity.
Cancellation by The Snow Centre
If for any reason The Snow Centre has to cancel your snow activity, a 100% credit towards an alternative snow activity or a full refund will be given. The Snow Centre will not be liable for any compensation or costs incurred by you as a result of cancellation.
Other important points
For snowboarding and skiing activities we recommend that you arrive at Check-In 30 minutes before your start time in order to allow plenty of time to change and obtain your equipment.
For ringos we recommend that you arrive at Check-In 15 minutes before your activity start time.
The Snow Centre reserves the right to refuse admission or terminate a person’s snow activity without giving a refund. Age groups and levels on lessons may be combined without prior notice.
If you are more than 15 minutes late for your snow activity admission may be refused and no refund or transfer will be offered.
The Snow Centre accepts no responsibility for personal injury, or loss, or damage to personal property which may occur whilst on The Snow Centre premises.
Gloves, full-length trousers and long sleeved tops must be worn by everyone taking part in a snow activity.
It is recommended that clothing is warm and waterproof. Gloves must be waterproof.
Appropriate clothing is available for hire. Gloves and socks can be purchased.
Children and adults must be booked into the correct age groups. The training slope is allocated for skiing and snowboarding lessons and supervised snow activities only.
All recreational skiing and snowboarding will take place on the main slope.
Rental equipment cannot be used on freestyle features.
Only qualified Snow Centre instructors are permitted to teach. For the safety of all our guests all recreational skiers and snowboarders must be able to meet the following standards:
- Control speed and direction.
- Perform controlled linked turns and stop when required.
- Use the Poma button lifts unassisted.
You will be asked to sign a form to confirm that you meet the required minimum standards. Children 16 years and under require a responsible adult to sign the form. Children aged 10 years and under who are signed off at level 4 or 5, must be accompanied by an adult on the slope. Children aged 8, 9 or 10 years who are signed off at level 6 can go on the slope without an adult, but the adult must stay on the premises. Children under 11 years taking part in any snow activity must have a responsible adult on site at all times.
The Snow Centre strongly recommends the wearing of helmets by all participants in snow activities at all levels.
The wearing of helmets is compulsory for:
- All children aged 16 years and under whilst undertaking any snow activity.
- All adults (17 years and over) participating in lessons.
- Any adults or juniors participating in freestyle activities, race training and any form of competition.
- Those using adaptive equipment and those assisting.
- Helmets are included within the price of your activity.
The Snow Centre is not responsible for the damage, loss or theft of any property during your visit to the centre. Any lost property found on site is logged and recorded. Call us on 0845 258 9000 for any queries regarding lost goods.
Membership Terms and Conditions
Membership is not transferable, not refundable and is not for resale.
It is valid for 12 months from the day of purchase. Members receive a 30% discount on Recreational Lift Passes and Group Lessons only. Members receive a 15% discount on Private Lessons. Members receive a 50% discount on conference room hire.
Half price room hire - If you book one of our conference rooms through our corporate sales team, you are entitled to pay half price. This offer is not available when making a children’s party booking, only when hiring a conference room. Food and drinks are not included.
The discount cannot be used for any other product such as birthday parties, ringos, school bookings, corporate groups, events, The EDGE, Snow+Rock, gloves, socks or clothing hire.
If a Member is making a group booking, the 30% Member’s discount can only apply to the Member and not the entire booking.
Free Birthday Ski or Snowboard plus friend’s 30% slope discount - please call 0845 258 9000 to book. If the birthday recreational ski/snowboard cannot be taken on your birthday, it may be taken two weeks either side of your birthday.
The free ski or snowboard is not transferable. A friend taking advantage of the 30% slope discount must be with the Member at the time of skiing/snowboarding. To confirm you are a Member you will be required to show your membership card at Check In. Failure to show your membership card will result in the non-Member rate being charged.
Family membership – This applies only to adults (spouse/partner) and dependent children living at the same address (we may require proof of this). To obtain student membership a current NUS card will need to be shown. Senior Citizen membership will require proof of age and Corporate Members will need to provide proof of employment.
During your membership period we may let you put your membership on hold if you have a medical condition that prevents you from undertaking snowsport activities for a minimum of 3 months. We will need to see proof of your medical condition, such as a doctor’s certificate. We will add any periods your membership has been on hold to the end of your membership period. An admin charge of £20 will be made for suspension of membership.
Please note an admin charge of £10 will be made for replacement membership cards.
Crystal, Thomson Ski and First Choice memberships 1 July - 30 November 2012
All the above Snow Centre terms and conditions apply. In addition please note for anyone booking a holiday 1 July - 30 November 2012 you must collect your membership card by 28 February 2013 otherwise the membership will be invalid.
Proof of your holiday booking, including booking date must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or shown at point of purchase to validate membership.
The Snow Centre Safety Code
Please note that all membership products will need to be booked and taken within the membership period.
We would like to draw your attention to the following Codes which must be followed:
- You are advised that snow activities can be strenuous and that you need to be reasonably fit.
- Please inform us of any medical condition that may affect your fitness to take part.
- If you are in any doubt of your fitness to take part then please consult your doctor, especially if you have an existing injury, suffer from epilepsy or a cardiovascular or respiratory disorder, or if you are seriously overweight for your height.
- If you are pregnant we would advise you not to take part in any snow activities.
- Respect all other slope users.
- Control your speed.
- Always give way to skiers/snowboarders below you and choose a route past as to not endanger or alarm them.
- Leave plenty of space when overtaking.
- Look up and down the slope before starting or entering the slope.
- Always stop in a clear and visible place or, preferably, at the side of the slope. When climbing up or down the slope, always keep to the side.
- Respect all signage.
- In the event of an accident everybody is duty bound to assist and witnesses must provide relevant information regarding any accident.
- The Snow Centre reserves the right to ask you to leave the slope if you are deemed, by an employee of The Snow Centre, not to be abiding by the Code of Conduct or meeting the minimum standard. In such cases, no refund will be given.
All recreational users must be able to meet the minimum standards for recreational slope use. These are; control speed and direction, linked turns, stop and to use the button lift unassisted.
If you cannot meet the minimum standards for recreational slope use, you must have lessons (booked in advance) with an instructor from The Snow Centre prior to using the slope.
If in doubt, please enquire at the Check-in desk.
We are not responsible for any items customers leave on our premises. If we find anything, we'll keep it for 4 weeks, after which time we will hand any items over to a local charity shop.
Gift Voucher Terms and Conditions
Gift vouchers can only be redeemed against snow activities at The Snow Centre or purchases in The EDGE CaféBar, this includes clothing hire and essential products like gloves and socks.
- Gift vouchers can be used as full or part payment towards a booking.
- Gift vouchers cannot be redeemed for online bookings.
- Gift vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Gift vouchers are non-refundable.
- If you do not spend the entire balance of the gift voucher the remaining money owed will be given in the form of a credit note or gift vouchers to the nearest pound.
- Gift vouchers are valid for 12 months from the purchase date. Any remaining balance will be cancelled on expiry of the validity period and cannot be extended or redeemed after this date.
- The Snow Centre treat gift vouchers as cash and therefore will not accept liability for lost or stolen vouchers.
- The Snow Centre reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions of the gift vouchers at any time and to take appropriate action, including the cancellation of the voucher if, at its discretion, it deems such action necessary. This does not affect your legal rights.
There may be times when the slope is closed for grooming or an area is sectioned off to prepare for an event. The slope may also be closed when an event is taking place. Please check online or call us on 0845 258 9000 for up-to-date information.
BRINGING CHILDREN WITH YOU?
Any children 16 years or under purchasing a Recreational Lift Pass need a responsible adult to sign the disclaimer to say they are at the minimum standard. Children 10 years and under who are signed off at level 4 or 5 must be accompanied by an adult on the slope at all times. Children aged 8, 9 or 10 who are signed off at level 6 can go onto the slope without an adult, but the adult must stay on the premises.
Children under 11 years taking part in any snow activity must have a responsible adult on site at all times!